Pre & Post Emergent Applications
Weed control is an absolute necessity in the region that we live in, especially in areas where we are governed by a Homeowners Association. The time it takes to pull individual weeds greatly increases the amount of time needed to care for ones yard, which will increase the amount of money it costs to care for yard.
Josh Olson is licensed in the State of Arizona through the Department of Agriculture to apply pesticides. Festival Landscaping License #9601
PRE and POST Emergent FAQS
What is pre-emergent?
- It is a water based herbicide that when broadcast on your lawn or granite stops seeds from germinating.
Will pre-emergent leave a stain?
- Temporarily. The color is called an indicator and allows the applicator and client to know what has been sprayed and what hasn't. Unfortunately the color is built into the material at the factory and we don't get a choice in the matter. It fades away with sunlight in a few days.
When should I apply pre-emergent?
- If you haven't had pre-emergent applied within the last six months, then now is the time to do it! We are working in our landscapes year round and can attest that weeds grow every month of the year. The important part of the service is not to wait until you have a weed infestation. Apply pre-emergent BEFORE the weeds germinate and then continue to apply it every 6 months to keep the weeds under control. If weeds have germinated and started to grow, then a post-emergent will be necessary to help eliminate the existing weeds in addition to preventing new ones from growing.
It rained after the pre-emergent was applied, is it still good?
- YES. In fact it's not only good, it's great! The pre-emergent must be watered in for it to be effective, this is included in the application process.
- We will water in the application of pre-emergent during or immediately after it has been applied.
After the pre-emergent application was applied to my landscape I still had weeds come up. Did it not work?
- Pre-emergent herbicides applications are for WEED CONTROL, not total weed eradication. Often weed seeds have already germinated at the time a pre-emergent is completed. A post-emergent would be necessary to kill existing weeds.
So if I do a pre-emergent application I'll never see another weed - right?
- We wish we could say that you'd never see another weed, however this is an imperfect science and that is exactly why we offer a guarantee. We can treat two identical properties side by side and one will have a weed problem and the other will be pristine. With regular maintenance services, any small amount of weeds that may erupt can be taken care of immediately. Or if you notice an area that needs further attention simply let us know and we'll be right out to take care of it immediately!
- Most homeowners never want to see a weed, so that's why we do an application every 6 months. Since the material does not last 12 months we do not recommend an application only once a year.
How long is pre-emergent guaranteed to last?
- According to the manufacturers label, the pre-emergent can last from 6 - 8 months with an 80-90% success rate.
- With a single application we guarantee the weed control for 13 weeks.
We do offer bi-annual contracts which cover 2 applications - Spring and Fall - and are guaranteed for 26 weeks per application. This means you're covered for the entire year!
what does the guarantee mean?
- Our guarantee means that we will treat any weeds during the warranty period that appear with post-emergent herbicide and reapplication of pre-emergent in problem areas as needed.
What is post emergent?
- Post-emergents (herbicides) are used to kill existing weeds. It is a solution that is absorbed into the leaves, stems, and eventually the roots of the plant to kill it.
Will post-emergent leave a stain?
- No. The color fades away with sunlight.
Why don't you spray in the wind?
- We must ensure that we are not spraying plants or other foliage unintentionally. Since we are very conscience of where we spray and only want to get the pre and post-emergent on the area we intend, we would never spray on a windy day.
Will pre or post-emergent applications harm my pets?
- The manufacturers clearly state the application is safe to humans and pets once it is dry. We recommend that pets and children be kept off the treated area until the chemicals are dry. This will vary depending on the season.
Pre & Post Emergent Quote Request
To receive a quote for pre-emergent (weed prevention) and post emergent (weed killer), please fill out the form below and we will email you a quote right away. Thank you!
WARNING: Pesticides can be harmful. Keep children and pets away from pesticide applications until dry, dissipated, or aerated. For more information, contact RRS Landscape Solutions at (928) 848-2058. Business License #9261